Amita Kumar, MD
Board Certified Internal Medicine
Best Doctors in San Antonio®
Dr. Amita Kumar is a Canadian native and is Board Certified in Internal Medicine. Dr. Kumar has had experience in both private practice and academics. Additionally, she was a former assistant professor at the University of Kentucky and currently precepts for medical students at the University of the Incarnate Word.
Her clinical practice focuses on preventive medicine with a particular interest in postmenopausal symptom treatments, diabetes, hypertension and eczema. Her patients consistently praise her caring and compassionate nature. Dr. Kumar constantly strives for a healthy balance of eating, exercise and fun in her life. She educates and promotes this same philosophy to her patients. When not treating patients, Dr. Kumar enjoys spending time with her family and traveling.
- Faculty, University of the Incarnate Word, School of Osteopathic Medicine – San Antonio, TX
- University of Kentucky – Lexington, KY
- Royal College of Surgeons – Dublin, Ireland
- 615 NW Loop 410 Ste
- 210 San Antonio, TX 78216-5520
- Mon. Tues. Thur. Fri. 7 am - 5 pm
- Wed. 10 am - 5 pm
- Telephone: (210) 384-8282
- Fax: (210) 384-8629